Salinas, Calif. – May 7, 2018 – In celebration of Hospital Week, Natividad Medical Center will bring together leading experts in diverse areas of medicine to discuss clinical developments and advancements at its first CME Research Symposium. The free event is open to the public and will be held May 7-11 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm in the Natividad Building 400 Atrium.
The CME Research Symposium offers 41 research posters from more than 100 authors and 31 individual presenters. The research was conducted by Natividad and Monterey County community providers and professionals, including medical students and residents. Physicians, nurses, patients, community members and media are invited to attend. CME credits will be given to physicians and clinical staff.
Research projects include original case reports or clinical research as well as educational and informational investigations. The symposium will cover a broad range of topics, including:
- Trauma outcomes related to blood alcohol content, gunshot wounds, blood transfusions, horse-related trauma and more
- Maternal/infant care, exploring group prenatal visits, the use of indigenous language videos, trends in attempted out-of-hospital births and more
- Heart health, including treatment advances in congenital heart disease, cardiomyopathy and more
- Physician education, exploring student-led ultrasound sessions, physician public service hours and more
- Public awareness and community health, involving the social determinants of health, parent-mediated intervention for children with Autism, child sexual abuse community awareness and more
Opening Reception and Award Ceremony
May 7, 2018
12:00 pm to 12:30 pm
Natividad’s Medical Staff will present participation awards to the 10 Touro University Medical Students who were active researchers and/or poster presenters.
May 7-11, 2018
9:00 am to 4 pm daily
Meet the Presenters - Live Session
May 11, 2018
12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
Building 400 Atrium
1441 Constitution Blvd., Salinas
All posters are available for viewing and CME credit online at https://nmccme.com/symposium/. Each poster includes an accompanying audio file.