- This event has passed.
TRAUMA Grand Rounds: The Role of the Health Care Team in Organ and Tissue Donation – Best Practices and Innovations
September 20, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm PDTFree
presented by Nikole Neidlinger, MD
This presentation will offer background and updates in the donation process as well as the newest Best Practices. Also, known barriers to applying these Best Practices to your practice will be identified and tools to mitigate these barriers will be presented.
- Employ Best Practices in the organ donation process
- Express an understanding of organ and tissue donation to patients and families
- Identify a potential organ donor circumstances
- Differentiate the differences between donation after neurologic death and donation after circulatory death
- Reflect on the ethical considerations in organ and tissue donation
- Review how donation is authorized