- This event has passed.
TRAUMA Grand Rounds: Mass Casualty Triage
August 13 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm PDT
Presented By: Jessica Ngo, MD
Mass Casualty Incidents (MCI) are ubiquitous and hospitals and practitioners need to know how to handle the next one that will affect your hospital. This lecture will help practitioners understand the goals of triaging an MCI. They will learn how to triage an MCI in the field, how to prepare the hospital and how to triage patients when they arrive to the hospital. They will also learn about alternative ways to triage an MCI. At the end of the presentation, practitioners should be better prepared to handle the next MCI.
- Describe the goals of triage
- Break down the different methods of triaging an MCI in the field
- Review how to prepare the hospital for an MCI
- Plan how to handle an MCI when one arrives to the hospital
- Summarize the limitations of triage
- Describe alternative methods to traditional triage