- This event has passed.
THE GREAT FLUID DEBATE: NEW APPROACHES TO FLUID RESUSCITATION
September 10, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm PDT
Presented By: Michael Bokoch, MD, PhD
A modern, updated view of perioperative fluid management, including physiology, monitoring (including new stroke volume monitors), therapeutic strategies, and outcomes.
- Review physiology of fluids and volume-status monitoring
- Review recent high-quality clinical trials relevant to perioperative care
- Discuss unresolved controversies in fluid management
- Apply new approaches to fluid resuscitation
- Identify “fluid responsive” patients
- List dynamic markers of fluid responsiveness
- Evaluate the use saline for fluid resuscitation