- This event has passed.
Physician Point of Care Resources
June 12 @ 7:30 am - 8:30 am PDT
Presented By: Cynthia F. Johnson, MS,
Self-directed learning is emerging as the foremost educational method for advancing competency-based CME. In a field marked by the constant expansion of knowledge, self-directed learning allows physicians to tailor their learning strategy to meet the information needs of practice. Point of care information services are innovative tools that provide health professionals with digested evidence at the front line to guide decision making. Point of Care Resources is the critical evidence-based component to aid in the success of this model.
- Identify practice–based knowledge needs
- Complete extensive background research on a clinical questions
- Evaluate clinical decisions through review of published evidence
- Collect new information related to clinical practice
- Translate knowledge into professional practice