- This event has passed.
PEDIATRICS Grand Rounds: Pediatric Bone Health
August 9 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm PDT
Presented By: Monica Grover, MD
Why should pediatricians and family care providers care about osteoporosis? Dr. Grover will discuss the role of pediatricians in helping children and adolescents achieve optimal bone health. She will review risk factors of development of pediatric osteoporosis, how and when to use diagnostic tests, review treatment options, and when is it appropriate to refer patients to pediatric bone clinic.
- Identify the risk factors for developing osteoporosis in children and adolescents
- Describe how optimal bone strength is achieved
- Integrate strategies for diagnosis and management of osteoporosis into your practice
- Assess when and how to do DXA scan
- Relate strategies in counseling families about bone health