- This event has passed.
OBSTETRICS Grand Rounds: Methamphetamine Use in Pregnancy
May 29 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm PDT
Presented By: Nathaniel E. Lepp, MD, MP
Methamphetamine use is increasingly prevalent in the Western United States. Natividad cares for a large number of pregnant women who used methamphetamine during pregnancy. This talk will review the nature of methamphetamine use disorder and the particular management considerations for the pregnant patient. Neonatal consequences of in utero methamphetamine exposure will also be reviewed.
- Describe methamphetamine use disorder
- Review the local incidence of methamphetamine use in pregnancy
- Describe cardiovascular implications of methamphetamine use
- Explain the management decisions appropriate in the care of pregnant patients using methamphetamine
- Restate the neonatal implications of in utero methamphetamine exposure