- This event has passed.
FCCS: Fundamental Critical Care Support – Day 1
March 29 @ 7:00 am - 5:00 pm PDT
Two Day Workshop – fees apply
March 29 & March 30, 2019
The FCCS Course offers an approach to initial management of the critically ill patient for providers not formally trained in critical care. Participants will learn useful information about the extended care of critically ill patients, especially care related to mechanical ventilation, monitoring, organ hypoperfusion, and neurological support. Providers will receive guidance for acute problems encounter in the ICU and for sudden patient deterioration.
- Prioritize assessment needs for the critically ill patient
- Select appropriate diagnostic tests
- Identify and respond to significant changes in the unstable patient
- Recognize and initiate management of acute life-threatening conditions
- Determine the need for expert consultation and/or patient transfer and prepare the practitioner for optimally accomplishing transfer