- This event has passed.
END-OF-LIFE AND PALLIATIVE CARE FOR THE HOSPITAL PHYSICIAN
September 27 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm PDT
Presented By: G. Jay Westbrook, MS, RN, CHPN
Using the narrative style of Native Americans, Westbrook will illustrate and role-model a set of Palliative Care tools and communication techniques to navigate difficult End-of-Life situations, and do so with Grace, equanimity, and partnership. This is a talk, a journey, not to be missed.
- Empathize with patients at the End-of-Life
- Describe strategies to quickly establish trust & rapport with patients & families
- Deploy empower dying patients & grieving families
- Differentiate palliative care from hospice
- Identify the importance of knowing on which side of the door the hinges are located