- This event has passed.
Current State of Global Trauma
June 11 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm PDT
Presented By: Edward Macias, EdD, MSW
Trauma is a global issue. To give just one example, terrorism is a phenomenon that can only be understood and dealt with constructively by adopting a cross-national, cross-cultural perspective. Also, trauma is more than just “psychological trauma”. To better understand trauma, we not only have to study its devastating effects, but learn more about resilience to stress as well. By integrating into the mainstream of psychology and medicine, including psychiatry and public health, as well as in neuroscience, sociology, anthropology, law, and many other fields, we can share knowledge and expertise.
- Describe the current state of global trauma
- Discuss the most common reactions to trauma
- Identify the signs and symptoms of trauma
- Distinguish the most common diagnoses of trauma
- Explain the medical and non-medical treatments
- Recognize Risk Factors / Events for trauma
- Summarize Treatments and Recovery for trauma