The purpose of our Continuing Medical Education (CME) program here at Natividad is to provide Accredited Continuing Medical Education Activities to our medical staff to increase learners’ knowledge, competence and performance so they are able to provide the best medical care possible to our community.
As we design our activities using accreditation criteria we expect the following results:
- We will present unbiased Accredited Continuing Medical Education Activities;
- We will help our learners fulfill their requirements for licensure and maintenance of certification;
- We will close the gaps in learners’ knowledge and competence relating to cultural diversity and disparities;
- We will demonstrate improved competence of our learners through use of an evaluation form at our activities;
- We will use Accredited Continuing Medical Education Activities to help the hospital meet its strategic plan and make improvements in hospital systems of care, with an emphasis on the following areas identified, in conjunction with the Leapfrog Group semi-annual survey:
- Inpatient Care Management
- Medication Safety
- Maternity Care
- Infections and Injuries.
Natividad is accredited by the California Medical Association (CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
REQUIRED: To receive CME Credit, completed Activity Evaluation Forms (paper or digital) must be submitted to the CME Coordinator to receive CME Credit for all activities or to apply for CEU Credit (where applicable).
Meet the Natividad CME Committee
Amish A. Shah, MD, Anesthesiology Service Director, CME Committee Chair Brian G. Aguilera, MD, Obstetrics & Gynecology Ana A. Arias, MD, Family Medicine Christopher L. Carpenter, MD, Pediatrics Service Director Peter Chandler, MD, Obstetrics & Gynecology Service Director Anthony Galicia, MD, Acute Rehabilitation Unit Director Monica Hamilton, MHS, BSN, Quality Administrator John Jameson, MD, Pathology Service Director Cynthia F. Johnson, MS, Medical Librarian/CME Coordinator Teri Ransbury, MSN, Corporate Compliance Officer Sue Lindeman, RN, Director, Hospital Education Erin Schwarz, CEO/Principal Consultant - Vivacity Consulting Craig A. Walls, MD, PhD, Chief Medical Officer Jason Warren, PharmD, Director of Pharmacy George E. Wilcox, MD, Pathologist
As a community provider, please feel free to attend any of our open Accredited Continuing Medical Education Activities.