- This event has passed.
SIMLab Grand Rounds: Managing Expectations: Delivering the Worst News in the Best Way
January 15 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm PST
Presented By: Christopher Carpenter, MD
- …arises in the ED with an EMS arrival of a mom with a probable SIDS baby.
- …a baby who has had several episodes of bradycardia/arrest and although resuscitated is suffering from a potentially and likely fatal illness.
- Participants will gain perspective about communication in serious illness, including evidence regarding commonly used interventions, such as “complex care meetings.”
- Participants will recognize how approaching difficult communication early serves to decrease moral distress throughout the care continuum.
- Participants will have increased awareness of evidence based communication tools that may be tailored for use with patients of all ages.