- This event has passed.
Physician Leadership Academy: Instilling Accountability
December 11, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm PSTFree
By Invitation Only
Academy Course Chair: Craig A. Walls, MD, PhD
The series consists of skill-building workshops delivered by Advisory Board faculty—each one designed to provide you with actionable tools to tackle every day challenges. The workshops are highly interactive, data-rich, and tailored around Natividad’s specific organizational objectives.
- To shift physician perspective on accountability such that it is prospective, rather than retrospective.
- To establish the importance of setting clear expectations and providing the resources and skills necessary to successfully hold someone accountable.
- To understand the role that incentives, intrinsic motivation, and morale play in activating physician accountability.
Activity Objectives: At the completion of this activities, the learner will be able to…
- Understand the leader’s role in ensuring staff accountability.
- Remove organizational and personal barriers to accountability.
- Ensure that staff are enabled, capable, and invested in achieving the desired outcome.