Monterey County Hospital Ethics Consultation Update 2018
October 17 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm PDTFree
Presented By: Robert A. Pearlman, MD, MPH
Dr Robert Pearlman of the University of Washington and the National VA Ethics Center will list the major reason for ethics consultation, review the steps of the CASES approach to ethics consultation, and discuss how the VA systems approaches ethic consult evaluation. He will also address training opportunities for clinical ethics education.
- Clarify the consultant request
- Assemble the relevant information
- Synthesize the information
- Explain the synthesis
- Support the consultation process
- Explain the major reasons for ethic consultation requests.
- Incorporate the steps of the CASES approach into ethics consultation.
- Discuss the values of ethics consultation evaluation.
- Implement evaluation tools in your own institutions.