- This event has passed.
ED Grand Rounds: Alcohol Withdrawal Management
December 4 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm PSTFree
Presented By: Sam Shen, MD, MBA, FACEP
Management of Alcohol withdrawal is an essential part of Emergency Medicine. There are methods to predict severity of withdrawal in an ED patient and prevent escalation of alcohol withdrawal syndrome using non-benzodiazepine medications. This presentation will review the presentation and management of alcohol withdrawal patients in the ED using a risk stratification score and nonbenzodiazepines drugs.
- Review of alcohol withdrawal;
- Discuss the mechanism of withdrawal;
- Discuss the clinical manifestation of withdrawal;
- Plan for the acute management of withdrawal;
- Distinguish the predictors of severe withdrawal.